Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nurse, Nurse!

We all have gifts and we all can't be good at everything. It's good that Mr. B does not get sick very often, because I can honestly say that I suck at being the compassionate,caring, tell-me-everything about your pain nurse.
From a previous post, you'll remember that Mr. B was taken to the emergency room for kidney stones (and BTW--the 20-30+ year old crowd CAN get these as well!). We returned home only to take another trip this morning for a couple of hours. Now; back home, he seems to be doing very well.
Yes, I do make him the soup and toast, make grocery runs at 4 AM for the laxatives that one needs after being pumped full of narcotics, ask how he is feeling several times in an hour, and change the sheets....that's a good start, isn't it?
Unfortunately, I feel as if I'm the girl of steel when he's going through this ordeal. I only want the facts, the symptoms, and let's fix the problem.
Is that an unconscious thing--changing roles and putting on the shining armor for him? I feel as if I'm Bree in Desperate Housewives and put my emotions in a box to take them down another day....and that will be quite the post. Love you sweetie--and please get well real quick!

No comments: