Monday, February 19, 2007

Those were the days, my friends


I was one of the earlier ebayers. Digital cameras were a novelty and I can remember having to send my pictures to post for an auction to someone in Michigan or thereabouts so then I could post off their website...trust me, it was just as confusing as it sounds.
Those days were such a learning and great time and it was truly the thrill of the hunt. Ebay introduced me to a creative and talented woman who lives in Washington who started out as "salvage gal" and has evolved into "classic-details".
The picture is her house...not a house she wanted her home to look like, but it is HER house. How fabulous is that? And she has kids! She had the COOLEST white pieces, sparkles to add panache, and put it all together so effortlessly. She was definitely the "go-to" girl on Ebay. I was lucky to receive many a package that I had won from her auctions.
I have always encouraged Teri to become the interior designer or photographer (this girl can find the most gentle natural light to capture perfection in her photos).Although not as involved as she once was, Teri has always played the game of Ebay for the joy of it. Those were the days, my friends.

No comments: