Wednesday, April 16, 2008

new skin


When I was growing up in my teens into my twenties and then my thirties I really didn't like the type of skin I was born with. I've got Italian bloodlines with a healthy pinch of English ancestors in the mix. My skin was basically clear but it had (what seemed to me) an ever present "glow". I was constantly blotting and from the humid Midwest in my teens to Arizona summers where I live now I felt as though I would never have that effortless, matte, calm and cool complexion that I coveted on other women.

I'm in my forties and I get it now. I feel blessed to have this combination skin...especially living in the dry southwest. Virtually no wrinkles...no "marionette" lines...and I'm now enjoying that "calm and cool" look that I had always envied. Thanks to my dermatologist for always telling me that "one day you'll appreciate it."

Recently I found a great skincare line (at least for me) that is FABULOUS and you don't have to dig too deep in your pockets to enjoy. By Patricia Wexler available at Bath and Body Works. To be perfectly honest I had never been in one of those stores until I researched Wexler products and discovered that's where she sells...and a hearty thank you to Dr. Wexler for that as well. She could have chosen Nordstrom, Neimans, Saks and we would have had to pay double....cha ching.

My favorite is MMPi.20™ Skin Regenerating Serum ...sort of like a pink jello that slides on like velvet. Hope you find your new skin or enjoy the one you're in.

No comments: