Monday, July 23, 2007

We are mysterious creatures; aren't we?


Isn't it funny how we'll tend to clean up the place before the housekeeper arrives? I like to be out of the house ...otherwise its just awkward and embarassing sitting at my computer or reading the latest magazine while my housecleaner is hustling and bustling making my house sparkle and shine.
Last week when it was cleaning day, I went to a matinee. Solo. All by myself. Ticket for one, please. No kidding. I've always thought it was silly if you felt you couldn't go to a movie without someone accompanying you. Why not? You can't (or shouldn't) talk during the film. I suppose afterwards it would be nice to talk about the movie over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine but no matter...I've got you, babe.
I saw "Evening" with glowing performances by some of todays most wonderful actresses. I especially enjoyed seeing Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie Gummer, playing a younger version of Meryl Streep's character. Wow..talk about look-a-likes! Thumbs up for a chick flick that's beautifully shot as well as thought provoking, and thumbs up to come home to a clean house. That's what I call an afternoon delight.

No comments: