Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What was she smoking?


I'm sure there are lots of unusual ebay auctions out there but I just happened to see this one while browsing in the sofa section. I have edited the content to save you some grief:
"This piece was custom designed and made for the foyer in our Connecticut home. The piece has curved sides and is upholstered in silk damask with custom silk 10" bullion and jasper trimmings. I waited 18 months for the fabric to be hand loomed and shipped from France. It's an incredibly elegant piece as well as comfortable. It's only been sat in maybe 3 times as it is in the foyer of a house that we don't visit much and entertain in the livingroom rather than the foyer. The 2 antique pillows shown on the piece are not included."
STARTING BID= $13,999

Hello, not many of us live in a hotel where this belongs. And color me crazy....but, does this look "comfortable" to take your shoes off,spread out on, and watch a little sports on a weekend? Or would I ever spend fourteen thousand dollars on an upholstered pepto-bismol shade of a white elephant? Ebay for the Donald Trumps of decorating....crazy.

No comments: