Wednesday, April 7, 2010

have a seat, please....

I am actually typing this in real time. It's 11:20 AM and I am having a day like this:


My principal wanted to see me unexpectedly after school yesterday--but as I ran into the office, I saw that his door was closed and HELLO! I had a date with a massage that I wasn't planning on being late for. I'm 99% sure this "see me" meeting is about budget cuts for next year and chances are cloudy with a chance of meatballs that my job will not be around.
This morning he stuck his head in my room filled with first graders at 8:45 and asked me to see him when I was free. Well, as you can tell--I'm quite free at the moment-LUNCH-- but--do I really want to kill my appetite with the news he most likely will deliver??! No thank you. So, here I am...the ostrich with her head in the sand...it's a pleasant enough place to be for the moment.
I realize this is how I deal with most stress in my life--BUT--once said stress is known I turn into "fire it up/ research/ change it up" mode and I suppose I don't want to turn the key on that option right at the moment. Do you do the same?

ps. my principal looks NOTHING like "Up in The Air" George...but you can be sure I might have stuck around yesterday afternoon if he did...




2 comments:

laura @ so alaurable said...

Good luck...that's hard. I am totally an ostrich too when it comes to things like that.

Kara said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. :(