Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, girlfriend!


Birthdays are fun. Birthdays are fabulous. You should shout it from the rooftops when it's your birthday. It's a time to celebrate...it's YOUR day...the day you arrived on the planet! Happy Birthday!
Being a woman, I am anticipating the birthday when I truly celebrate what my body has done for me the past year. I would hope my birthday wish would be for more adventures and good health with my bod in the future years. I am tired of obsessing of what my body may look like...be it too heavy, too thin (I'll let you know when that happens), bad hair days, puffy eyes, whatever the ailment may be. Hey! I'm alive and doing a pretty good job of kicking on this end.
We need to celebrate the good that our bodies can bring us. Don't worry how your legs looks when you go for a run--isn't it AMAZING that you are running and your legs are pounding the pavement? Better doing that then rocking in a chair thinking of the days that you used to go out for a walk. Complaining about dark circles or puffy eyes? Think of what fabulous things your eyes have already seen or plan a trip to take in even more. Let's cross over from thinking in the negative about our body's appearance to congratulating ourselves for what our bodies can do....you're amazing, birthday girl!

No comments: