Sunday, December 20, 2009

let the baking begin

The family is arriving on the home field this week and I'm starting the baking of forbidden treats. Maybe they call these "magic bars" because of the amazing speed that you can add an inch (or two) to your waistline??! Thumbprint cookies just like when they were five years old...
and coconut macaroons for the adults they are now.
I'm also hoping to whip up these carrot cupcakes with the help of my daughter, Audrey (whose husband just happens to love them...gotta please everyone during the holidays!) and decorate with some vintage cupcake toppers I found at Bake It Pretty


and in my next post I'll share the big ass pants that I'll be wearing by the weekend.

4 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Awesome! I love the magic bar phrase of how quick you add a few lb's!

vicki archer said...

Those cookies sound like they are really worth it....Have a very happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year, xv.

Ashley said...

The magic bars look amazing!

Julia said...

oh all things baked looks so lovely! i have a feeling i'm going to get sick of baked things before christmas day comes! oh no!