Thursday, November 20, 2008


Every other Thursday, you'll find me taking an hour out of my day to get my nails done in my classic, nude polish. My nail salon is a place I enjoy going to and is right out of the classic Steel Magnolias.
The women who work there and their clients are the kind of women I like to be around. They are women of experience. They've been there, they've done that, and they all enjoy a good laugh.
One woman I get to see on my every other week appointment is Marilyn. I believe she's in her 70's and has she lived a LIFE. I love to hear her stories and only wish I had shared my adolescence with her...bourbon, cigarettes, curfew, and a convertible are all part of her teenage years and that's just the beginning.
Most likely I would never have gotten to meet these fabulous women out in my community...our ages, our lifestyles, and just daily life would stop us from ever crossing paths. But this salon has brought us together, and just like in the movie, the salon is really about the friendships that sustain us through life's highs and lows.

No comments: