Tuesday, May 17, 2011

juice bar

I rediscovered my Juiceman juicer tucked away in a lower cabinet and feel like I have found the fountain of youth (that may be overstating it but you do feel really great after a couple days of juicing it) Throw in fruits and veggies peel and all,and out comes a delicious, healthy, vitamin packed beverage. Here's a couple that I've tried and gave a thumbs up:
#1
1/4 of a honeydew melon
1 lemon
4 stalks of celery
7 carrots
1/2 a sweet potato
inch of ginger
#2
coconut water
4 stalks of celery
6 carrots
1 lemon (rind and all)
1/2 honeydew melon
3 apples
1 inch of ginger root

4 comments:

this free bird said...

you said the magic words: fountain of youth

hehe

xo,
c

ashleyTIA said...

Yum! There is something so refreshing about starting your day with fresh juice or a smoothie.

rebecca said...

i keep debating as to whether i should waste my money on a juicer. i'm sure i'd use it for a week, and then try to find space for it in my cabinets.

Rolerkite said...

Tyler thought I was a crazy woman for wanting one of these. It would take up half the kitchen, but seriously sounds amazing to have fresh juice anytime you want.