Tuesday, February 15, 2011

she's got legs













I'll be the first to admit that a nice pair of legs on a woman is enviable; hence the reason for my Scottsdale trip tomorrow. Late winter/early spring is the perfect time to have sclerotherapy for the spider veins (ugh...hate that term...but it's true) that have popped up.
Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure used to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins. It involves an injection of a solution (generally a salt solution) directly into the vein and over time, the vessel turns into scar tissue that fades from view.
Does it hurt? Not really. At most, like a rubber band snapping your skin when your dermatologist gets near your ankles. Does it work? You bet. My thighs used to be the worst (I swear it was from all the years of cheerleading and slapping your thighs during a cheer...) but there's nothing visible now.
I'll wear some very attractive support hose through the weekend (and with the cooler temps it actually isn't too horrible to endure) and after a few bruises heal...we'll be good to go. The last time I had this done was a few years ago so the effects last quite a long time.

1 comment:

anita said...

I've been trying to convince my mom to do this; she has terrible varicose veins.

(You are probably wondering who John Davis is from your comments on the last post! That was actually me. John (my husband) was still logged on! Sorry!)