Sunday, October 18, 2009

Don't Slip

Z ion is a great park to go to if you want to hike. If you like to hike uphill...even better. This picture was taken from Hidden Canyon trail...look closely and you can see the road...and you've only just begun.
Hidden Canyon trail winds around a small side-valley and traverses a steep cliff face. For the last few hundred yards the path is cut into the side of the cliff and has a sheer drop of several hundred feet at one side. Chains are provided in places to help the unsure.
This ain't no Cirque du Soleil...there are no nets to catch you if you take a misstep.

This is husband STRONGLY suggesting that we go back...as in; "my fear of heights is now in panic mode and I cannot go any further without feeling I will fall off the cliff" suggestion.
My back is to the cliff. On my right is husband and on my left is the cliff that we would need to keep attacking to complete the hike. Needless to say we turned around and made it back safely.



A great hike and one that you should wear a good pair of shoes...keep the stilettos at home.




1 comment:

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I am so afraid of heights just looking at this gave me a panic attack! So impressed by you and your hubby! Glad you made it home safe and sound...
XX Kate