Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Perfect Pantry

As embarrassing as it looks...this was my "before" pantry. Most people would give a couple bags of groceries for a nice walk in pantry, pocket door, lots or shelves-bigger than some people's closets!
And I treated it like this...poor pantry. So, I was inspired (thanks to Tracy Porter) and decided to redesign and redecorate the forgotten room off the kitchen on Saturday and---
Voila! The perfect pantry! Please click on the pics to blow them up--I love how pretty and put together it is now. I used wrapping paper (!!) for my wallpaper backdrop and everything you see was in the "before" pantry...just stuck away or put up too high or too low.

My husband was thrilled he has a little "bar" area now.

I didn't show you the right side where the food is...because it's just...food. Although it is very well organized and there's a shelf for cereals, one for canned goods, one for grains, one for oils and vinegars, and one for everyday basics. Clean and simple. Hope you enjoy and hope you get to any projects that are on your list.






4 comments:

jae said...

Looks great. There is something about an organized room that makes you just want to stand there and admire it. Must be the new year.....I have spent the weekend reorganizing, too.

Courtney said...

love love love. And now you're inspired to get in there and actually enjoy the kitchen, I bet! I agree with Jodi, great way to start the year.

Callie Grayson said...

OMG! what a BEAUTIFUL little pantry! I love what you did!!!!

Rachel said...

So cute. I love the wallpaper background. And yes, I would love to have a pantry that big!