Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Day in The Life


Here is my day in short form:
Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, and looking up, I noticed I was late....Found my coat and grabbed my hat, made the bus in seconds flat-
oops...the Beatles classic came to mind. What am I talking about...I don't even take the bus...does our town have a bus??
But I digress...
I work with children; yes, I see those little people who are petri dishes of bacteria everyday in my classroom.
I am the one in the family who 9/10 of the time will go to the grocery store...almost as germ ridden as the kids at school (for the moms and dads out there...EVERY child has buckets of bacteria ...I'm not just saying it's only the kids I see...plus, the amount of LYSOL wipes I go through after those kids leave...they're probably cleaner after they leave just by touching my tables)
And, to spin the viral merry go round a little faster--I also go to a health club to work out twice a week....which is probably worse than schools and the grocery store.
So, I knew it had to happen. I am ill. A bronchial, coughing, achy sort of a sickness but I am sure to survive. I either sound like a sultry Kathleen Turner (when she was hot in Body Heat) or a life long smoker. To all the healthy ones out there...keep it up...live your life...wash your hands.

No comments: