Saturday, January 26, 2008

Duck for Cover

Have you heard about this???!!
"1/26/08--A large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and could hit the Earth in late February or March, government officials said Saturday" Am I the only one that feels that this sucker is aimed right for me in my town most likely on the day I am assigned crossing guard duties at my school??!!
And more--
"the spacecraft weighs about 20,000 pounds and is the size of a small bus. The satellite would create 10 times less debris than the Columbia space shuttle crash in 2003." I'm not exactly thinking what kind of debris the thing will leave behind...I'm more worried about if I'LL be left behind.
I know, I know...it's like the lottery...you THINK you could win but it never happens. And now, when you least expect it--BOOM! A satellite has got your number. Lucky you.

No comments: