Sunday, October 16, 2011

everyone knows it



I've been battling a cold for the last few days. You know the drill. Goes from your chest to your head to your nose and now I'm just a mess. I pity the next person with their fingertips on this keyboard. The worst part is I created the most delicious salmon cakes (thank you Ina Garten) and couldn't taste them. I caught the scent for a moment and then it was gone.
Our neighbor told us that she hasn't had the sense of smell/taste for years. How awful would that be? You would miss out on some "natural" odors that most don't want to smell but I would kind of like to know if my house smelled like fart or not.
But missing the taste of chocolate. coffee. a great burger. italian. My bestest friend from work (who no longer works there ~damn you Amy!) and I once talked about that if you HAD to lose one of your senses what would it be?

2 comments:

Rolerkite said...

get feeling better! Tyler and I just got flu shots because we were getting paranoid about getting sick.

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

nice. x

p.s. I'm having a shabby apple dress giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out.
devorelebeaumonstre.com