Thursday, April 9, 2009

Play by the rules

Here's the deal. There's the "regular" grocery store checkout line and the "express/15 items or less" checkout line. If I'm in the "regular" grocery store checkout line, I don't feel that I should be expected to give Mr. Two Items a "go ahead and cut in front of me" pass...but I will every once in a while.
The unwritten rules of the checkout line are that if you're going to be lap dancing the cart in front of you, gripping ever so tightly onto your bacon and carton of milk and the person in front of you is so inclined to let you "cut"to allow her some breathing space; you better have cash and you better make this snappy. After all- I'm letting you cut instead of strongly suggesting you go to "express line/15 items or less" line like other normal people do.

You would think that all "please let me go ahead of you" people would KNOW these rules.Not so for my Mr. Two Item guy.

I allowed him to "cut" and when he's checking out he started breaking the rules. No cash and after he gives grocery store clerk every known phone number he's had for the last five years to save 20cents in coupons...he decides to sign up for grocery story coupon card.

That's it. No more cuts.

2 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

haha!
you tell em! that drives me crazy too!!

vicki archer said...

Silly, annoying man! Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend, xv,